Check out my other flashlight blog at: http://otherflashlights.blogspot.com/ More content coming soon.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

AMC TV Halt and Catch Fire 5D Light

Summary: I supplied a 1990 5D to a prop master working on AMC TV's Halt and Catch Fire. The light was featured in Season 4 Episode 4.

Those who follow my blog will know that a while back I sold one of my 1990 NIB (new in box) 5Ds to a Prop Master working on the AMC TV series Halt and Catch Fire. I said in that post that I would do a new post once the episode aired. Well, it has! The show is a period drama from the early 90s about the early tech industry and the Prop Master was looking for a light correct for that time. The light I sold him was a brand new 5D, serial # 50668619. The episode is number 4 of season 4 titled "Tonya and Nancy" and aired on September 9, 2017.



In this episode one of the main characters, Cameron, buys a trailer on a piece of property out in the country to escape the big city. Unfortunately she isn't very handy and has some trouble with the plumbing. Her co-worker, Bosworth, comes to bail her out and fix the plumbing. Of course like any worthwhile plumber he comes equipped with his trusty Maglite. At the end of the scene he lends her the light in case she needs it in the future. Shown below are a couple stills from this scene.





I've been collecting for a while and It's quite an honor to have one of my lights appear in a network TV series. I doubt anyone will take me up on the offer but I am always available for flashlight consulting work both on the big and small screens! I'm not quitting my day job in the meantime but my contact info is at the right. CPF, Candle Power Forums, also has a pretty neat thread about flashlights in movies and TV for those who are interested. I can only hope that season 2 of Stranger Things has Hopper using a Maglite instead of an Everready. Thanks for reading guys and if you happen to spot a Maglite in a TV show or movie please be sure to share.

As always I'm looking to buy Vari-Beams and Vintage/Rare Mags. Please let me know if you have any, top dollar paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment