Check out my other flashlight blog at: http://otherflashlights.blogspot.com/ More content coming soon.

Friday, October 13, 2017

2002 to 2009 2D Hummer Lights

Summary: Maglite partnered with many 3rd parties over the years to produce licensed lights. One such example is a light they made for Hummer which came in a tool kit with their SUVs.

I have a couple previous posts about special Maglites that Mag Instrument made for auto manufacturers. They include both Chevrolet and Ferrari. Another example is the 2D special edition light Mag Instrument made as part of the service kit for model year 2003 to 2009 Hummer H2s. Like the Maglite the Hummer is both rugged and dependable so the match was a good fit. Most folks buying these trucks were paying a premium for this vehicle and valued extras such as the service kit and other luxury features. Shown below is my 2D Hummer light.



This light is a standard 2002, serial number 20,608,805, from the first model year of the Hummer H2. It is easy to tell because it is stamped "Patented Made in U.S.A.". Lights form 2003 and after were stamped "Patented in U.S.A." due to an obscure California law. For those interested in these features and dating lights please see my D Cell Quick Dating Guide. As far as I know these lights were all 2Ds and silver with the laser etched Hummer logo near the end cap. I am not sure if they came with the Hummer H1s or H3s so if someone does I'd appreciate you dropping me a line. My contact info is at the right. Shown below is a light, not mine, in its original service kit that also included a tire gauge, Leatherman tool, and first aid kit.



Hummer H2s were produced from 2002 to 2009 as model years 2003 to 2009 and were ultimately discontinued during the 2009 financial crisis as GM was forced to scale back and the market lost it's appetite for large, expensive, SUVs. The Maglite lives on in many incarnations ad I hope to see some special editions one for other vehicles too. All in all about 150,000 Hummer H2s were sold so I imagine a similar number of Maglites were produced and included with them. These lights are not very rare but are still a cool collectible that can be had for under $20. Shown below is the 2003 model year Hummer that this light came with.



As always I'm looking to buy Vari-Beams and Vintage/Rare Mags. Please let me know if you have any, top dollar paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment